Saturday, March 8, 2008

Encouragement

Shalom.

The following scripture was shared with me by a man of God, and it blessed me, so I thought I would pass it along with the intent that it would be a blessing to some one else.

2 Corinthians 4:13 - 18 (The Message Translation)

v13
We're not keeping this quiet, not on your life. Just like the psalmist who wrote, "I believed it, so I said it," we say what we believe.

v14
And what we believe is that the One who raised up the Master Jesus will just as certainly raise us up with you, alive.

v15
Every detail works to your advantage and to God's glory: more and more grace, more and more people, more and more praise!

v16
So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace.

v17
These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us.

v18
There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.

This scripture reminds me that I need to trust God and make sure I continue on the path that he has set for me. It is the joy that is set before me that drives me; that allows me to endure. We need to know that it is not about us, it is about what God wants and has for us in the process of His divine purpose. The glory is God's. We do not deserve it and cannot attain it without His approval, which is his grace.

This scripture lets you know that the mess going on in your life, the struggles, the weird people, the rejections, the misunderstandings at work, home, or church, are for God's glory and to strengthen your faith in God. You are not crazy! Just trust in God and know that all things work together for the good of them that love the Lord, to those that are called to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

Be encouraged saints.

Blessings.

No comments: