Monday, March 10, 2008

Choose You This Day...

Shalom.

People of God, on this past Sunday (March 09, 2008), we were spoken to by God Almighty concerning making a choice. We were given a warning from God that we must either choose to serve him or choose not to serve him. We cannot sit on the fence, meaning we won't go to the left or to the right. We are living this life like our lives are our own. If we have accepted Christ as our personal savior, then our life is not our own. We have to DIE to our flesh and let God use us. We have to do as the Holy Spirit instructs and directs us. Almighty God needs his people to be available, but if we are trying to sit on the fence, we are not available to God. We are not even hearing clearly from God; we are in a foggy state. We are like glass windows with sap on them -- the windows cannot be used to see out of (no vision), nor can they be used to let light in (revelation).

We were given scripture on how to live for God -- Galatians 5:19-23 and the book of Matthew chapter 6. Those scriptures show us how we ought to live on this earth. We were reminded that the scriptures deal mostly with building our character and teaching us how we should live on this earth. The scriptures aren't about just blessings; there are small sections spent on blessings. The scriptures are for showing us how to live on this earth, how we ought to treat one another, how we ought to conduct business (yes, conduct business). We cannot forget that God is concerned about our character more than our gift. We can't just treat people any kind of way. We can't be Lord of ourselves and Jesus Christ. I personally prefer Jesus Christ, as I would do some damage to myself (and others) if left to my own devices. Praise God for Jesus!!

We also have to stop classifying sins as if one is worse then the other. Sin is sin in God's eyes. The one that has a bad attitude and curses is just as bad as the one that murders. We have to get serious about our new life. We have to remember that we have a job to do; that we have purpose while on this earth. We want to leave this earth empty, meaning we want to have poured out all that God placed in us. We want to live a life that was good, not that looked good. We want to have exhibited the love of God while on this earth.

I know the word convicted me in how I speak to people and my wife. I have to be mindful of what I say AND how I say it. I shouldn't be tearing someone down with my words. If my conversation is not edifying or encouraging, then I need to not speak it. If I am thinking, I need to take it to God. I need to watch how I handle my thoughts. God is fine with thoughts coming to us, but the problem comes in when we allow those thoughts to turn into the wrong actions. We have to cast those un-Godly thoughts down. We need to immediately start praising God so that thought is quickly banished. Or read the Word of God.

We need to spend time with God on a regular basis. We need to be in tune with him so that we are headed in the proper direction for every area of our lives. We need leaders that are full of the knowledge of the Holy Spirit and not full of their own opinions and humanity that comes across the pulpit as "thus sayeth the Lord." That mess can (and has) destroy peoples' lives.

Saints, let us get it together. Please make the choice to live for God. We have lost souls that need us. We have family members and friends that need us to bring them to Christ.

Blessings.

Revelation 3:16
Joshua 24:15

No comments: